Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More Oregon Trail

Here's a couple more photos of my fun morning up at the Interpretive Center.


The older wagon with the Elkhorns in the background. "Lovely & Ethereal" action.

A fence line on the way down to the ruts. I did quite a bit of tweaking, just playing.

My trusty dog, Bandit. It took forever to get him to hold still long enough to snap a decent photo.


I'm sure I'll add more photos later, but I've found that I honestly have to walk away from photos I've taken for a day or so before I'm able to pick out ones that I actually like, ones that I can fall in love with after editing. I had so much fun getting more practice on adjusting shutter speed and aperture, and it's so encouraging to realize that yes, I CAN take decent photos in manual mode as long as I trust myself and push myself to get better with every photo. Shooting in manual doesn't leave room for casually snapping pictures, you have to think about how your depth of field and exposure are going to be effected, and how zooming in or out is going to change your settings, along with a host of other things. I love it. It gives my photography experience a depth I've never experienced before.

1 comment: