Sunday, April 26, 2009

Memories Remembered


The photo is of my wedding bouquet (in the background), but more importantly, of Marla's corsage that she wore at Nathan and my wedding. Marla was my mom's best friend and a second mom to me. Only 7 months after our wedding, Marla lost her year and half long battle with ovarian cancer. The house we live in now is the one she left to us. I miss her so much, that over two years later it still hurts when I think of her, and I would give just about anything to see her hold our boys just once...she was a twin and I can only imagine how much she would love Levi and Asher.

I must say that my favorite part of this photo is how the background just kind of fades away and makes the corsage really stand out. I used Totally Rad Actions' "Super Fun Happy" action to give it the dreamy effect, and then PW's Quick Edge Burn action to pull the focus in to the middle.

Then there were these three photos. I had a very hard time deciding which to post to Mission24. The last two below are actually a different photo from the first photo below and very first photo at the top of the post. The more I like it, the more I really like the B&W just below here. But I also love the colors present when I didn't turn the photos B&W.



No comments:

Post a Comment