Monday, April 27, 2009

I have a fear of portraiture. Maybe it's irrational, but the idea of taking photos that make up another family's memories scares the crap out of me...that probably stems from the fact that I have absolutely NO experience with shooting photos of anyone besides my own family. Oh, and the fact that I usually try to take said photos inside my house, with regular house lighting. Not exactly studio lighting.

But today went a long way towards making me feel better about my ability to take portraits. I'm in love with these photos of my boys, not to mention the boys' huge beautiful eyes. Maybe I need to be a little easier on myself, and give myself a chance to try more portraiture. Not saying that I want to make a living out of it, but I believe that I should try every type of photography because...well...it's fun!

I'd have to say that my absolute favorite one is the second to last photo, which is of Asher.











5 comments:

  1. These are fabulous.

    Interestingly, I've been getting back into photography after a long hiatus as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! Bridgete, I didn't realize this was MY Bridgete! I've become a member of a blog called Mission24 and I've gotten use to most of my comments on my photo blog being left by people from that group! Oy, I'm a goof. I chalk it up to being mommy to twins. I (*most likely*) would have realized it was you if it were on our family blog, ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take a pair of those!! SO adorable, and great job with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are great shots and from what I have seen on here and mission 24 you will be great! I wouldnt worry about it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat yourself on the back! Seriously, these are adorable! The third down is my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete