Friday, April 24, 2009

Tiny Purple Flowers

I took this photo ten days go, and just now got around to editing it. Sad, no? These tiny purple flowers are all over our yard to the side of our house, and yet I can't work up the energy to mind. Plus it doesn't hurt that they're really pretty, sprinkled in amongst our (mostly) green grass. Who said a yard had to be all green, anyway?


I had picked a tiny bouquet of flowers to put in the small vase pictured two posts ago, and I love how these flowers go with the doffodills that grow in the front of our house. The best part about all of these flowers? I never have to do any planting, they just come up on their own. Which means I can't kill them...because I have a black thumb.

And doggone it, they're just plain pretty.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'd much rather have these than the dandelions we've got mixed up in our grass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are called grape hyacinths... I used to pick them and put them in mud blueberry pies when I was little. :-) They are a bulb so they will come up every year, and they can be transplanted after they die back in case you want to move them. :-)

    Love the flower pics!

    ReplyDelete